The Obelisk of Urbino, erected by Cardinal Annibale Albani, is one of the twelve original Egyptian obelisks in Italy and considered as twin of the one in Piazza Minerva in Rome. It comes from a temple of Isis in Egypt and glorifies the Pharaoh Hophra (595 B.C.). Initially placed in the Campus Martius in Rome, it was moved to Urbino in 1737 to celebrate Pope Clement XI. The Obelisk is located in the Renaissance Square, in front of the east side of the Ducal Palace, just in front of the Gothic church of San Domenico.
Project by MR Application di Rossi Marco | Privacy & Cookies Policy